- 1 cup medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- vegan chocolate chips (we prefer dark chocolate)
Do This in This Order
- Add dates & nuts to a food processor or mega-blender
- Process until consistent, thick (it’s gonna form a big ball)
- Roll about 1 tbsp of mixture into a ball with your (clean) hands
- Place in neat rows on a lined cookie sheet or dish
- Drizzle with melted dark chocolate
- Garnish with a whole pecan to look fancy
- Freeze for at least 30 mins or until chocolate has hardened
Taking any dessert to a party will get some ooohs and aaahs. Throw in a, “oh, and they’re vegan, too!” and get lots of: “What?” “But how?” “Oh cool!” “So what is it made of?”
It’s a fun party trick that I play a LOT with these vegan pecan pie bites. They’re so good and so naturally sweet that no one ever believes that they’re vegan until I start talking about dates.
These are super fun and easy to make around the holiday season, and everyone loves them (even little kids as long as you don’t explain to them what a date it).